Southsea’s favourite purveyor of pastry and sweet music have unveiled their exciting plans for Record Store Day 2013. Rob, Steve and the rest of the team have complied a list with all the information you need to know:
1. Doors open at 8am sharp.
2. Strictly first come first served. Record Store Day rules state we can’t reserve anything for customers, as it is not fair. The first customer was in the queue last year at 5.30am, so if there is something you really, really want – you’ll have to get there early to get your filthy mitts on it. I repeat, we cannot reserve anything.
3. Rest assured, we’ll be looking after the early birds and offering pies and drinks for you to consume while you wait. We’ll take your order and bring it out to you. Food will also be served throughout the day in our special waterproof takeaway boxes. Can’t have you going hungry now.
4. We’ll be letting 20 people in the store at a time. You should know by now how small but perfectly formed we are. To make sure you have enough space to peruse, this is going to be the maximum capacity until the first in store performance at 1pm. We will then review and update you as the day goes on.
5. ONE COPY OF EACH RSD RELEASE PER CUSTOMER. You can buy as many records as your bank manager allows, but please don’t try and purchase two or more of the same thing, as we will not sell them to you. This will mean more chance of you all getting what you want, including that special Vengaboys limited 7”.
6. The first 40 people through the door in the morning will be given a ticket to see Band of Skulls perform live in store at 1pm. Please note, if you DON’T want to come to the show, please let us know as there may be someone behind you who really does. We’ll be emptying the shop at 12.30pm and letting you lucky ones back in at 12.50. The performance will start at 1pm. Our capacity is 40, so be there early if you want to attend.
7. We will be closing at 7pm sharp, and then we expect to see you all at The Registry for the after party (and our first birthday celebration). This will start at 8pm, commencing with the world premiere of the ‘Last Shop Standing’ Extended cut. (We’re in it), followed by an act (TBC) and DJ’s to finish the day off in style.
8. Bring plenty of cash – there will be a cash only till in action on the day to help serve you as swiftly as possible. It may also help purchase a few tea’s etc for those queuing (we can’t take card transactions under £5)
Team Pie & Vinyl will be on hand to help ensure you all have the most splendid day.