Charlie is back with the 23rd episode of Longlive Radio for the Strong Island Sounds podcast:
Hello and welcome back. Yes, after a little sabbatical, I’m back with the show the critics are calling distinctly average to middling. This week I’m joined by my very good friend Mr Jim Lines. He chose the theme this week, which is songs from the films of Martin Scorsese. Apologies must be made to both Jim, and you the listener for the atrocious quality of Jim’s microphone, it wasn’t discovered until we’d completely wrapped up and it would have been cheating to redo the whole show, after a little while you get used to it so we decided to just go with this take.
Hope you enjoy it! Thanks Jim.
Cheers, Charlie x
01) Money Chant – Robbie Robertson featuring Matthew McConaughey (Wolf Of Wall Street)
02) Be My Baby – The Ronettes (Mean Streets)
03) My Sweet Lord – George Harrison (Living In The Material World)
04) Chelsea Morning – Joni Mitchell (After Hours)
05) Janie Jones – The Clash (Bringing Out The Dead)
06) Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing – Stevie Wonder (Bringing Out The Dead)
07) Howard Hughes – Leadbelly (The Aviator)
08) Up On Cripple Creek (live) – The Band (The Last Waltz)
09) A Whiter Shade Of Pale – Procol Harum (New York Stories)
10) Then He Kissed Me – The Crystals (Goodfellas)
11) Tombstone Blues – Bob Dylan (No Direction Home)
12) Taxi Driver (Theme) – Bernard Herrmann (Taxi Driver)
13) Sail On, Sailor – The Beach Boys (The Departed)
14) Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters (Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues : A Musical Journey)
15) Gimme Shelter – The Rolling Stones (Casino)
Listen to the podcast episode below, or you can listen, subscribe and download it from iTunes. You can also find the latest Strong Island Sounds podcast episode on the Strong Island homepage under the comments section too.