“It’s Just A Matter Of Time” is your chance to explore the fascinating world of night photography as seen through the lens of specialist photographer Andrew Whyte.
Open from 2nd – 16th May this is not a reserved display of quaint framed photographs: it’s an interactive event featuring contemporary images alongside a unique chance to create your own lightpainting.
Join Andrew in the spacious gallery environment above Southsea Library. There’ll be new prints on display alongside some of his personal faves; art to buy starting at prices that’ll give you change from a tenner; and Andrew will be on site every day to answer your questions and help you try these exciting techniques first-hand.
* View beautiful nightscapes, heavenly star trails & abstract light paintings
* Ask the artist- Andy will be on hand every day to talk through techniques
* Try for yourself – use the dedicated lightpainting area to see how it’s done
* Buy prints or commission bespoke images
* Free entry, families/ children welcome (lightpainting activity subject to availability and may be unsuitable for very young children or those afraid of the dark)
The venue is above Southsea Library in Palmerston Road (entry through main library doors). Lots of parking nearby, toilets and cafe on site. Opening hours as per library:
Mon-Wed: 9am – 5pm
Thu-Fri: 9am – 7pm
Sat: 9am – 5pm
Sun: 11am – 4pm
Below is Andrew’s entry to the Strong Island 2013 Calendar, this will be featured as part of the February 2013 section.