The Daisy Chain Festival happens this Sunday and has an incredible mix of exhibitions, performances and workshops with all things blossoming, vibrant and inspiring:
– Portsmouth Film Society will be showing the award winning Film Ponyo at 2pm at The Kings Theatre.
– An innovative digital exhibition of floral images will be presented by The Kings Theatre including work from local artists.
– Kathee Pitt of the Shaw Trust at Trinity Church will be holding a workshop and demonstration on how to plant herbs and prepare your summer boarders. Hurry only 10 places available for each session please book in advance.
– Wondering what to do with your recycled containers? Why not make unique plant pots. Sue Stokes of Southsea Greenhouse will be at Tango Tea with her awesome workshop. Only10 places available for each session, booked in advance.
– A floristry master class: making a bouquet, from Kelly Jordan of Charmaine Florist at Trinity Church.
– Gardeners Question Time with our panel of experts including Brian Kidd at Trinity Church.
– Photography, fashion and jewelry exhibition in The Salvation Army Hall.
– The Phoenix will be having a spit roast BBQ in their garden which will be entrance by ticket only.
– Instant image exhibition at Bonzo Studio with NeBMedia. Take a picture of the festival on your mobile and get it instantly exhibited via facebook!
– Fashion showcases from the students at the University of Portsmouth with hair by Garbos.
– The Youth theatre will be putting on excerpts from The Little Shop of Horrors throughout the day at Seymour’s Fireplaces.
– Members of Groundlings Theatre youth groups will be attending in floral costumes
The Daisy Chain Festival is part of ‘FLOWER POWER’ Albert Road Traders Association and invites traders and shoppers to dress up in all things floral for the day. Come along and celebrate the cultural diversity through the language of flowers from around the world plus – workshops, exhibitions and music throughout the day.